Tuesday, September 7, 2010

There safe and sound

Well arrived in Nairobi last night from Amsterdam via Dublin on the KLM flight.  Had the relative comfort of a emergency exit seat but these Double decker 747's aren't built for comfort.  I took advantage of the inflight entertainment system and watched Avatar and was fascinated by so much  trance music on the music selection. 7.25 hrs was the flight time and when I got through customs I was met by my driver and representative and taken to the compound. It gets dark over here around 7ish each night and we were stopped by the police for tax and insurance checkpoint but was more of a bribe the cop and you go through one.  After the bribe was paid we arrived at the compound guarded at night by security guards and Alsatians (the norm over here). Then went to my room for some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment